Hello! My name is Christy Tomlinson and I am so
excited to be returning to Studio Crescendoh. I am self taught mixed media
artist who isn't afraid to get my hands messy and let my heart be
open. Over the past couple of years I have been blessed to travel
and teach all over the world, including the United states, Europe, South
Africa, Brazil and more. I also love teaching online full-time ... something for students of all levels. My mantra is always ... there are no mistakes
in art! I truly do LOVE teaching!
also have 6 awesome kids and a VERY supportive husband who works with me
on a daily basis, running our online mixed-media store, Scarlet Lime.
Because of this busy schedule, I do not often travel to teach. So this special, intimate workshop being hosted at Studio Crescendoh is
very dear and near to my heart. I am REALLY excited for this and can't
wait to make this weekend a TRULY special, intimate event!
will be teaching a two-day workshop where we will explore many
different facets of my art process. I will show you step by step how I
create my She Art girls but with two different end results. The first end result will be my quilt skirt girls where you will learn how to use papers and paints and mediums to make a beautiful girl with a beautiful "quilted" skirt.
The second end result will be my flower girls where you'll learn now to draw and paint faces with different hair-dos adorned with pretty flowers. You will see that there are so many different ways to create these girls and those different ways come from your soul and your heart.
will be bringing a lot of my own shared supplies for you to use such as
paints, modeling pastes, tissue paper, napkins, markers, stamps, etc., as well as
providing you with two canvases. I will also be including a sketching journal, a scarlet lime
doodle pen, a set of rubons and misc papers for you to create with.
ALL-INCLUSIVE! In addition, each student will be given a specially designed kit of the highest qualityart products, with a retail value of well over $100 including two canvases, apron, journal, markers, and so much more. By doing this, I know you will feel pampered and also less stressed. In addition to the items in the kits that are yours to use and keep, you will also have access to my paints, paintbrushes, heat guns, gel mediums, and everything else to share during class. The only thing you might want to bring is your own special paints. You are not required to because I will be bringing plenty of paints that you can use. But if you have spcial tubes of paint that are near and dear to your heart, by all means, feel free to bring them.
Class seating will be limited so be sure to sign up early!
SCHEDULE for BOTH DAYS
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Christy who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like Chapter One, C4Deli, and The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:30 PM :: Class time with Christy who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Show & Tell, Clean-Up & Depart: 4:30-5:00 PM
- Christy will have a limited number of original art items on hand for those interested in purchasing her art.
- Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Christy Tomlinson is an artist, and teacher. Learn more about her work at scarletlime.com