Hello! My name is Christy Tomlinson and I am so
excited to be teaching at Studio Crescendoh. I am self taught mixed media
artist who isn't afraid to get my hands messy and let my heart be
open. Over the past couple of years I have been blessed to travel
and teach all over the world, including the United states, Europe, South
Africa, Brazil and more. I also love teaching online full-time, and
currently have 15 online classes available for the beginner up to the
advanced mixed media artist. My mantra is always ... there are no mistakes
in art! I truly do LOVE teaching!
also have 6 awesome kids and a VERY supportive husband who works with me
on a daily basis, running our online mixed-media store, Scarlet Lime.
Because of this busy schedule, this year I have decided to only travel
and teach for two retreat gatherings (one this spring and one
December). So this special workshop being hosted at Studio Crescendoh is
very dear and near to my heart as it will be the only one, of two times
I will be traveling this year. I am REALLY excited for this and can't
wait to make this weekend a TRULY special, intimate event!
will be teaching a two-day workshop where we will explore many
different faucets of my art process. I will show you step by step how I
create my She Art girls but with two different end results. We will
complete two large finished canvases over the two days. We will start
with my background process adding layers and texture, meaningful words,
paper and techniques to create a one-of-a-kind background to put our She
Art on. I will show you many different techniques I use ... and also
explain the my process as to why I use one over the other. Why something
works at certain times and why it's better a other times during the
process. We will end up with two finished She Art Canvas, but the
process to each girl will be very different and I am doing that so you
can see there are SO many different ways to create ... and it all just
comes from your soul and your heart. I am excited to come teach for
this small intimate gathering. Class will be limited! So make sure to
sign up early!
will be bringing a lot of my own shared supplies for you to use such as
paints, modeling pastes, sprays, ink, markers, stamps, etc., as well as
providing you with a 9"x12" deep edge canvas, a 16"x20 canvas. Tags and
paper for learning techniques on (that can be used later on your
canvas). I will also be including a sketching journal, a scarlet lime
doodle pen, a set of rubons and misc papers for you to create with.
SCHEDULE for BOTH DAYS:
- Arrive & Settle: 9:30 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 10:00-1:00 :: Class time with Christy who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 1:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 2:30-5:30 PM :: Class time with Christy who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Show & Tell, Clean-Up & Depart: 5:30-6:00 PM
THE ONLY THINGS YOU SHOULD BRING ARE:
- Christy will have a limited number of original art items on hand for those interested in purchasing her art.
- Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Christy Tomlinson is an artist, and teacher. Learn more about her work at scarletlime.com