Started a dozen journals, but haven't kept them up? Haven't finished a journal because you don't know what to write? One Sentence Journaling lets you start with one word and grow it into one sentence a day. Two, if you are ambitious. This class is about the power of words you take on your journey. You will explore and discover words that are magic, sacred, healing, and fun. You will play deeply and write deeply. And do it one sentence at a time.
At the end of the class, you will have completed at least five journal pages and have ideas to last you for years to come. You will have the start of your own collection of magic words in an origami box that you will make yourself.
Studio CRESCENDOh in the Artist Village of
Santa Ana, California
Open mind and open heart. No art or writing ability needed.
Class starts promptly at 9AM and ends at 1PM. Please bring a snack if you'd like. We'll take a short break to stretch halfway through.
NOTE :: After class is over, you may want to enjoy lunch at one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like The Gypsy Den, or Lola Gaspar.
WHAT TO BRING
- A sense of humor, an open mind, an open heart
- Any journal you love, in any size, lined or unlined. (Loose pages won't work well for this class.)
- Bring a fast-writing pen ... ball point, fountain pen, Pitt pen ... whatever you use to write with.
- Bring any colored ink pens you already have ... gel pens, Souffle pens, sparkly pens, brush pens.
- Prefer colored pencils, crayons, or watercolor pencils? Bring those too but no need to buy them if you don't have them.
- Glue stick
- 12 unlined index cards (3 x 5 inches)
- Small ruler
- Two 10-inch or 12-inch square pieces of coordinated sturdy paper, like scrapbook paper. "What's sturdy" you ask? Copy paper is too light, a file folder is too sturdy.
- Questions? Write Quinn at QuinnCreative@yahoo.com.
- Quinn will have a limited number of her best-selling book, Raw Art Journaling, on hand for those interested in purchasing a signed copy.
- Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Quinn McDonald is a certified creativity coach, writer and book artist. She is author of Raw Art Journaling: Making Meaning, Making Art (North Light Books, 2011). Information on the book and Quinn’s coaching can be found on http://www.quinncreative.com/coaching/.