Art Journaling Delight
with Amy Tangerine
3-Hour Workshop on Saturday, October 18, 2014
from 9:00 AM to NOON
in Studio CRESCENDOh
207 North Broadway, Suite L
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Come spend the morning exploring art journaling and mixed media with a twist. Long time lover and hand embroidery and paper crafts, Amy Tan will share her favorite techniques using her newest line, Stitched.
Inspired by the world around her, you'll examine ways of taking in loveliness that went into the new collection and infuse them into your own creative process. There will be plenty of patterned paper, stamping, watercolors, embellishments, washi tape and embroidery.
Enjoy mixing up various elements to make colorful collages and a frame-worthy piece using supplies from Amy Tangerine's newest collection with American Crafts - Stitched - as well as other favorites.
- Arrive & Settle: 8:30 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in, and grab a cup of coffee.
- Class Segment A: 9:00-12:00 :: Class time with Amy who will demonstrate and guide the class
- Closing & Depart: 12:00 PM There are many wonderful eateries in the artist village area near the studio so if time permits, you may want to plan on staying after the class to enjoy lunch at one of the locations in Santa Ana.
STUDENTS SHOULD BRING
- a journal with white pages (Amy prefers a spiral journal), but you can use anything you want
- paper trimmer
- your favorite journaling pens
- black ink for stamping
- Optional: 3 x 4 photos
NOTE: Amy will have a limited supply of products from her line available for sale.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Born and raised in Chicago, Amy spent much of her childhood wallpapering
her bedroom walls with the colorful and glamorous pages of fashion
magazines. She learned how to sew her senior year of high school and
what developed was her first passion: designing.
Within five years, she
had become an award-winning designer and founder of the popular
handcrafted t-shirt line Amy Tangerine. Her collections were featured in
hundreds of retail outlets, including Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus and
Barneys New York, and yielded impressive worldwide sales.
2007, her business expanded to include scrapbooking, with her fashion
design work now being produced on a custom basis. Her love for sharing
her clothing and now also paper crafts has taken her all over the globe
and given her the opportunity to teach creative classes on 5 different continents.
Find Amy here.