Join Studio Crescendoh and Pam Garrison for a weekend of fun and creative play. The emphasis on this class is to help you hear and feel your artistic intuitions and instincts. In this newly developed class she’ll guide you through creative exercises designed specifically to increase your creativity.
SKETCHBOOKS & WOODEN PANELS
This will be done using her favorite mediums for exploring and expressing her creativity: art journals, sketchbooks, and painting on wooden panels! We’ll begin by using sketchbooks, making a simple pamphlet stitched art journal, and end by painting on a wooden canvas panel, putting the discoveries found during the guided exercises to immediate use so the implementation of your learning is directly put into practice and those discoveries can begin expanding on themselves.
TOOLS, COMPOSITION, COLLAGE, LETTERING +
We’ll cover concepts like favorite tools, composition, collage, backgrounds, color palette building and lettering, saving time for any special requests you might have, and time to address any questions you have for Pam about her process.
COMPLETE PROVISION OF ALL SUPPLIES
All supplies needed will be provided, (a class kit valued at $40.00 has been built into the class price.) so feel free to come empty handed, or your bring your trusted favorite creative tools. Class is geared to meet each artist where they are, all levels welcome, just bring a passion for creativity and a willingness to play and we’ll be off on a weekend of making!!! Since Pam is a Southern California local, she’ll bring lots of her journals for your viewing and a small collection of various original art available for purchase.
SCHEDULE for BOTH DAYS:
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Pam who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like C4 Deli, Chapter One, Paninoteca, Boldo, 4th Street Market, Cafe Calacas, and The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:30 PM :: Class time with Pam who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Clean-Up & Depart: 4:30-5:00 PM
- Pam will have a limited number of original art items on hand for those interested in purchasing her art.
- Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Pam Garrison is an artist and teacher. Learn more about her work at pamgarrison.typepad.com.