Cuffs are so easy to just slip on and go. So….what do you say? Let’s make some that are over the top, and dripping with your favorite gemstones, snazzy beads, pearls, or vintage goodies, such as rhinestone buttons, vintage lace, or super cute charms. And, just so you have some cool hoops to match your gorgeous cuff, I’ll show you how to design these too. Come join me for a full day of bending, layering, winding and wrapping. It’s going to be FUN!
As instructor, I will supply the following for each student:
- Brass or Copper Wire, 12 gauge, approx. 40-46”for each cuff & 6” for each set of hoops
- Sanding Pads/ Disposable Gloves
- Patina Solutions/Finishing Wax
- Torches/Fire Bricks/ Heat Resistant Surfaces
- Quenching Bowls/Pliers
- Heavy Duty Cutters
- Square Mandrel, Large
- Beading Mats
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in, and grab a cup of coffee.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Diane who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like Chapter One, The Gypsy Den, or C4 Deli.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:00 PM :: Class time with Diane who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Closing & Depart: 4:00-4:30 PM
STUDENTS SHOULD BRING
Copper, Brass or Sterling Silver Wire, 20-22-24 gauge (make sure the wire fits thru the holes of your gemstones, or other goodies) (Please patina your wire before coming to class, if possible)
Sterling Silver Wire, Half-hard, 20 gauge, approx. 2’ per pair of hoop
Sterling Silver Wire, Half-hard, 22 gauge, approx. 4’ per pair of hoops
Gemstones, variety of sizes (8-6-4-2mm), (I like to use a variety of raw & mystic gemstones), Pearls (Keishi, Freshwater, Coin, Seed), Small Foil Lined Glass Beads &/or Czech Glass Beads, Seed Beads AND
Gemstone Drops (drilled top to bottom), or your choice of beads for the hoops
Pliers, Chain-Nose, Flat-Nose & Round Nose Pliers
Metal Hole Punch Pliers, 1.8mmhttps://www.beaducation.com/product_categories/274-hole-punch-pliers
Bail Making Pliers (Bail Making Pliers (http://www.amazon.com/Bail-Making-Pliers-Filigree-Wrapping/dp/B001V76XHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424809615&sr=8-1&keywords=bail+making+pliers)
Nylon Jaw Bracelet Bending Pliers http://www.pjtool.com/search.aspx?find=bracelet+bending+pliers
Nylon Jaw Flat Nose Pliers (http://www.pjtool.com/jewelerschainnoseplier-1-2.aspx)
Wire Rounder Set or Cup Bur http://www.beaducation.com/shop/wire-rounder-set-p-130.html or http://www.cooltools.us/SearchResults.asp?Search=cup+bur
Ball Peen Hammer/Rawhide or Plastic Mallet
Steel Bench Block/Bench Pad or Rubber Bench Block
Flat Jewelry File, #2
Tape Measure, Flexible
Work light, Battery Operated (suggested)
Optivisors (if needed)
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Diane is an artist and instructor. Learn more about her here.