This 1-Day workshop is a special add-on continuation of Jennifer's 2-Day workshop: Paint, Color & Figure-Doodling and is open to students who have taken her 2-day workshop.
By sharing her own passion for making music, Jennifer will teach how the concept of "letting go" in painting and doodling also applies in music, and how art and music can work together to richly enhance the creative process.
The day's primary focus will still be about painting, with painting as the main focus ... with a bit of musical jamming intertwined with the painting process. It will be an opportunity to continue painting with Jennifer's guidance, including additional demos and exercises that she leads.
As a bonus, for those interested in playing with sound, anyone in the class will be able to participate. Or not. You can feel free to just keep painting and listening rather than participating in the music part of it. The day will be open and fluid and very fun.
For those who WANT to make music, Jennifer will be leading several improvisational circles and jams, where we reference her lessons about opening up in our doodling and art-making and utilizing that freed up way of being also in music-making, as we discuss how that works for us and how it may feel different/similar. These improvisational circles will flow in and out of painting time. And again, for those who just want to paint and don't want to make music, that's totally fine too!
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, and settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Jennifer who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like The Gypsy Den.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:30 PM :: Class time with Jennifer who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Show & Tell, Clean-Up & Depart: 4:30-5:00 PM
No additional materials will be provided this third day. Studnets are asked to use what they received the first two days and also encouraged to bring additional substrates if desired. Also if desired, please feel free to bring a musical instrument!
- Jennifer will have a limited number of original art items on hand for those interested in purchasing her art.
- Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Jennifer Mercede is an artist, and teacher.
To learn more about her art, visit www.jennifermercede.com and her etsy shop here.