Minimalist has been my artistic approach and aesthetic ever since I can remember. Simple. Clean. Less. To me, it's all about the art of restraint, which allows what isn't there to help you see and appreciate what is there. Zakka-inspired is another way to describe my crochet designs ... with a focus on items that are achingly beautiful through its simplicity.
In this workshop, I will teach you how to crochet pretty little house slippers using natural and bleached Crochet•Hemp yarn. In the morning, you will learn to crochet in the round to make the toe area, then move into the straight rows of single crochet to make the rest of the slipper and then finish with seaming the heel. After lunch, we will create optional Mary Jane Straps, optional scalloped edging, and any other optional embellishents that studnets want, like flowers, hearts, or other motifs.
For anyone who is a super speedy worker, I will teach you how to make a second pair for baby ... an optional project that uses the same pattern but scaled down to size.
207 N. Broadway St., Studio L
Satna Ana, CA 92701
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in, and grab a cup of coffee.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Jenny who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like The Gypsy Den, or Lola Gaspar.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:00 PM :: Class time with Jenny who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Show & Tell, Clean-Up & Depart: 4:00-4:30 PM
STUDENTS SHOULD BRING:
- Crochet Hooks: For sure: sizes D, E, F, and G ... and other sizes as well if you have them.
- Basic Fiber Arts Tool Kit: scissors, tapestry needle, embellishments (buttons, stash yarns in assorted colors, ribbons) tape measure, stitch markers, pins, safety pins, paper (or journal) and pen (or pencil), and any other items that you normally like to have and use while you are crocheting or knitting.
TEACHER WILL PROVIDE:
- Crochet•Hemp yarn (a brand new brand of yarn that will be released by CRESCENDOh very soon ... enough for you to make one pair of slippers.
- Printed pattern(s).
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Jenny Doh is head of CRESCENDOh and lover of art.