Come and spend the day playing in your art journal alongside Pam. After
teaching many 2 day art journaling classes, Pam felt that the
construction of the book often gets more focus than the actual art
journaling on the pages inside, and wanted to have a class where the
entire day was devoted to just that.
This will be a day dedicated to
playing on the page! We'll be touching it all, from materials and
techniques, resources and inspiration, journaling practices etc. all
while exploring with Pam's favorite mediums, tools, and methods. We'll
break the pages down to repeatable steps for future journaling fun.
Demos and supplies will be on hand to cover backgrounds, collage, text
element, writing prompts, mono printing, stamping, stenciling, doodling,
and on the list goes.
Pam will also bring her extensive collection of
hand made art journals for students to look through at their leisure.
Come join us for a day sure to jumpstart your journaling, whether you've
never journaled before or journal regularly. Pam always has new
discoveries to share and inspire!
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Pam who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village like The Gypsy Den, C4 Deli or Chapter One.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-4:30 PM :: Class time with Pam who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Clean-Up & Depart: 4:30-5:00 PM
STUDENTS SHOULD BRING:
- Apron + a rag
- An art journal or two (you don't have to be a regular journaler—a store-bought book with watercolor paper in it will work fine)
- A few sheets of wax paper
- Paintbrushes in different sizes
- Small collection of ephemera or collage materials
- Gel medium or matte medium (Liquitex or Golden)
- Paper adhesive + Glue stick + scissors
- Black pens & pencils
- Favorite mark-making tools
OPTIONAL ITEMS TO BRING IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THEM (No need to buy them.)
- Fluic acrylic paints & inexpensive acrylic paints in favorite colors
- A few watercolors
- Heat gun + extension cord
- Markers (any kind)
- Favorite rubber stamps, stencils, + inkpads
- Rubber brayer
- Any other items you like to journal with if you already journal
TEACHER WILL PROVIDE: tons of different mediums and materials to share and try ... from paints to pens and everything in between!
- Pam will have a limited number of original art items on hand for those interested in purchasing her art.
- Due to limited class size, the spot for this class is transferable but payment is non-refundable. Please read about this policy in our Studio Policies.
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Pam Garrison is an artist and teacher. Learn more about her work at pamgarrison.typepad.com.