two days immersed in the creative process with Roben-Marie. We will
complete a rule breaking journal filled with color, collage and
collaborations. In a small group setting, engage shoulder to shoulder
with Roben-Marie as she shares her joyful signature style.
art-filled journal will be bursting with unconventional techniques. Our
mission is to layer, paint, and stitch tougher an altered attaché ready
for your personal narrative. This is not your typical class experience
so be prepared to stretch your creative muscles. Students will be gifted
with a class kit full of found papers, items from Roben-Marie’s product
line and pieces handmade by Roben-Marie. Grab your apron - this is
going to get messy!
NOTE: This class provides an additional hour of instruction, with class concluding at 6PM. Also, the class includes a kit provided by the instructor valued at $40, which is built into the price of the class. No separate kit fee will be collected. :)
SCHEDULE for BOTH DAYS
- Arrive & Settle: 9:00 :: Time for students to arrive, settle in.
- Class Segment A: 9:30-12:00 :: Class time with Roben-Marie who will demonstrate and guide the 1st part of class.
- Lunch & Stroll: 12:00 PM :: You can choose to brown bag it or take a stroll to one of the many hip and artsy eateries in the historic Artist's Village in Santa Ana, like C4 Deli, Chapter One, The Gypsy Den, 4th Street Market, Cafe Calacas, Paninoteca, and Boldo.
- Class Segment B: 1:30-5:30 PM :: Class time with Roben-Marie who will guide the 2nd part of class.
- Show & Tell, Clean-Up & Depart: 5:30-6:00 PM
SUPPLY LIST :: Students should bring:
Basic mixed-media studio supplies including: (apron, ruler, scissors, brayer, assorted acrylic paints (including white, raw umber, and paynes gray), assorted paintbrushes, glue stick and/or liquid adhesive, assorted ephemera/paper items from your stash (like old book pages, ledger paper, billing envelopes with clear windows, color copies of your own personal art, wallpaper, painted or gelli printed papers, etc.)
Additional mixed-media supplies for the class as follows:
Washi tape (graphic styles) and masking tape
Cracker or cereal bag(s) - One to Two
Key card or old gift or credit card
- Baby wipes
- Cloth or rag (I like to use a piece of cotton muslin)
- Wax pastels or crayons
- White pen (I like the Uniball Signo or the Bic Whit Out Pen)
- Black ball point pen and/or your favorite black journaling pen
- Palette knife
- Medium or Heavy Gel Medium
- Black dye ink pad (for rubber stamping)
- Book binding needle
- Book awl or paper piercer
- No 2 pencil
- Small selection of ribbon/sari for seam binding
- Three pieces of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper in your favorite patterns (These will be used on the inside front and back covers of the journal. They can be the same or all different.)
- Things from your stash like: labels, rub-ons, stickers (alphabet stickers are good), word art, etc.
- Hole punch : 1/4"
- Mark making tools (I like using lids to create circle imprints)
- Your favorite stencils
(I will bring my own to share as well)
- Your favorite art and "element" stamps like alphabet stamps (I will bring some of my own to share as well)
Optional items as follows:
- Stapler or tiny attacher by Ranger
- Colored or watercolor pencils
- Photos or other personal images you would like to journal. I like to print my Instagram photos and use those. We will "leave spaces" for these to be added by you later so they are not required.
TEACHER WILL PROVIDE A CLASS KIT THAT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING:
- Journal base/structure
- Paper for the base of the journal pages
- Items to "finish" the journal structure
- Stabilo pencil
- Assorted elements from my Art Pops™ line including cards, stickers and tabs
- Artsy papers, ephemera and other collage items from my stash
- Wax thread
(Retail value of this kit is $40, which is already built into the price of the class. No separate kit fee will be collected.)
Please read class policies for Studio CRESCENDOh here. By purchasing this class, you are agreeing to abide by the class policies.
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
Roben-Marie is a mixed
media artist, designer and instructor. She designs her own rubber art
stamps and colorful art offerings for the mixed media artist. Learn
more about her at www.robenmarie.com